After I visited some Vietnamese restaurants I am tempted to try to make spring rolls by myself. Spring rolls are a quick, no cook meal and are surprisingly easy to make. I made spring rolls not as same as other restaurants have but followed my own recipe. Its ingredients are most of what I and my guest like, and people who try to make it can also change my recipe in a way that they want. Before I greeted the guest I prepared and set a table.
Ingredients (recipe for two people)
- Spring roll wrappers
- 1/2 yellow onions, chopped and grilled
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 packed tofu
- 1 regular size chicken breast
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 5 crab sticks, chopped
– For dipping sauce
* Sweet chili sauce
- I used A Taste Of Thai Sweet Red Chili Sauce which is really good, but you can make your own sweet chili sauce. I also linked the recipe in case of need.
* Peanut butter sauce: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir well.
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
1. Fry the onions and mushrooms until they soften. Also, cook on the prepared grill until no longer pink.
2. Bring a large bowl with warm water.
3. Dip one wrapper into the hot water for 1 second to soften. Do not over soak your rice paper wrapper! Then, lay wrapper flat.
4. You will be placing your ingredients in the bottom half of the wrapper.
5. Fold up the bottom, then the two sides.
6. Repeat with all the other remaining ingredients.
7. Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy!
* Here is one more tip for someone who brings spring roll to a party.